Search & Reunion
Search and Reunion
The AAC is firmly committed to the right of all individuals to search for relatives from whom they have been separated by adoption, donor conception, or other losses of family continuity. We support the choices adult make to reunite, reconnect, and build relationships with found family members.
The AAC is not a search organization but we provide referrals to search and support groups within each region, and provide access to articles, databases, forums and references, including links to other websites that may be useful to searchers working on their own.
An adoptee with her Adoptive Parents (left) and her Birthparents (right).
- AAC's Search Policy Statement
- Beginner's Search Checklist
- Frequently Asked Search Questions
- Making Contact: The Final step in the search Process (PDF)
- International Soundex Reunion Registry by Anthony S. Vilardi
- Online Guide to Adoption Search & Reunion by Jan Baker
- Search and Reunion Etiquette: The Guide Miss Manners Never Wrote by Monica M. Byrne (PDF)
- Gay and Lesbian Adoptees: Coming Out Again by Patrick McMahon