Why should I join the AAC?
The AAC is unique in its breadth and mission – we represent all members of the triad and professionals, and we are committed to education and legislative change based on our collective wisdom and experience in adoption.
What are the benefits of AAC membership?
- Subscription to the Decree, our award-winning quarterly publication with news, book reviews, and the latest adoption research
- Subscription to The Beacon, our monthly electronic newsletter
- Discounts to national and regional conferences
- Access to members-only section of the website
- Support of legislative reform to provide adult adopted persons access to the original birth certificate
- Support assistance from experts in your state for any triad issue you may face. AAC offers guidance on a myriad of subjects.
What can I expect from an AAC conference?
AAC conferences present an opportunity to learn about the complexity of the life long process of adoption, share your story, and meet some terrific people. You will have a chance to talk to the leaders in the adoption world, and enjoy an intense few days of education, enlightenment, and connection with others who have experienced all facets of the adoption experience.
Is the AAC pro- or anti- adoption?
Neither. The AAC works to educate professionals about the life long process of adoption, and encourages communication among all people in the adoption constellation. We are against secrecy and lies in adoption. We promote a series of best practices based on our experiences and the wisdom of adoption experts.
What is the membership of AAC like?
We welcome all with a professional or personal connection to adoption. Our membership represents birthmothers and birthfathers, adopted adults, adoptive parents, and professionals of all ages.